Gear up your morning with these easy to make, healthy and delicious Kande Pohe. It's an anytime comfort food with a cup of Ginger Tea!
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Thick Flattened Rice)
1⁄2 Large, finely chopped
1⁄8 Teaspoon (Hing)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped
1) Wash poha flakes 2 to 3 times under cold water and soak in enough water for 30 seconds to one minute or until poha flakes becomes soft.
2) After 30 seconds drain off all excess water from Poha, cover and set it aside for 15 minutes.
3) Heat oil, add peanuts and fry them up until peanuts get good brown color.
4) Remove peanuts in to bowl.
5) In the same oil add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing and finely chopped onion.
6) Also add curry leaves, green chili, mix and cook until onion becomes soft.
7) Add turmeric powder and cook for a minute.
Add soaked Poha, mix well, also add salt and sugar to taste, cover and cook for 5 minutes over medium high heat.
8) Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves, fried peanuts and coconut flakes. Serve hot along with a cup of ginger tea!