Coconut Broiled Sweet Potatoes
|Sweet potatoes||8 Medium|
|Flaked coconut||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), divided|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Whipping cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Add sweet potatoes in boiling water and cook for 20-25 till the potatoes are tender.
2. Cool the potatoes. Peel and cut them in halves, lengthwise.
3. In a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish add oil to grease. Arrange the potatoes in the dish.
4. Sprinkle a cup of coconut.
5. Add butter, brown sugar and whipping cream.
6. Pour this ready mixture on the sweet potatoes.
7. Top the dish with cherries and 1/2 cup coconut.
8. Broil for 2-3 inches at least 5 inches away from heat so that the potatoes are lightly browned.
9. Serve coconut broiled sweet potatoes sprinkled with additional coconut.
Calories 237 Calories from Fat 97
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.3%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g43%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17 mg5.7%
Sodium 62.9 mg2.6%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.2%
Sugars 15.5 g
Protein 2 g4.5%
Vitamin A 286.1% Vitamin C 4.2%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet