1. Preheat the oven to 400°F
Spray a cookie sheet or line it with non-stick aluminum foil. Use a cookie sheet that has sides.
2. Put the sweet potatoes that have been peeled and cubed in a bowl.
3. Combine olive oil, brown sugar, chili powder, salt and cayenne pepper with the potatoes and stir well.
4. Let it sit on counter for 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes to make sure everything is well coated.
5. Turn the potatoes and coating onto the cookie sheet and spread evenly.
6. Drizzle with honey.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until tender, stirring about every 10 minutes.
This is a savory way to enjoy sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving. Chile powder, brown sugar and cayenne combined with the drizzle of honey create a spicy-sweet flavor addition to a traditional Thanksgiving player. Watch this video for the recipe details by Lynn who shares her adaptation of this recipe from Pinterest.