Roasted Yams or Sweet Potatoes
|Yams/Sweet potatoes||3 Pound (3 large size)|
|Melted butter||1⁄4 Pound (1 stick)|
1. Wash, Peel and cut the yams into 1 ½ in to 2 in cubes
2. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. (if using a convection oven pre-heat to 375)
3. Melt Butter and place in large bowl along with salt and pepper.
4. Place Potatoes/yams in bowl with butter and salt and pepper and toss until potatoes are coated.
5. Place Potatoes/yams on baking sheet and place in the preheated oven for approximately 45 minutes or until outside of the potatoes are golden brown and crispy.
6. Remove from oven and serve.
This recipe has been excerpted from The First Timer's Cookbook written by Chef Shawn Bucher.
To learn more about Shawn and his book visit firsttimerscookbook.com.
Follow Shawn on Twitter: ChefShawnB.
Connect with Shawn on Facebook: The First Timers Cookbook.
Calories 608 Calories from Fat 208
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.5%
Saturated Fat 14.7 g73.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61 mg20.3%
Sodium 2973.5 mg123.9%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.7%
Dietary Fiber 14.1 g56.3%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 6 g11.1%
Vitamin A 23.6% Vitamin C 97%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet