Dilled Vegetables with Millet
|Millet||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cauliflower florets||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Broccoli florets||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh dill/1 teaspoon dried dill weed||1 Tablespoon|
|String beans||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut into 2 pieces|
|Zucchini||2 Small, halved and thinly sliced|
|Red onion||1 Small, minced|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mashed with garlic press|
|Bleu cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a cooking pot boil water.
2. Add grain and stir well. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
3. Turn the heat off. Let the covered pot rest for 10 minutes.
4. In a bowl place the millets and keep fluffing it with a fork so that it cools down.
5. Boil 1 cup and steam broccoli and cauliflower in it for 5 minutes, till the broccoli gets tender as well as crisp.
6. In a colander place the vegetables. Rinse well in cold water. Drain the excess water. Pour them in a salad bowl.
7. In another bowl add water and steam the string beans. Steam for 3 minutes.
8. Cool the beans in running water. Drain excess water.
9. Add to the salad with onion.
10. In a bowl whisk the dressing. Pour it on the salad and toss very gently.
11. Crumble the blue cheese.
12. Refrigerate before serving.
13. Serve Billed Vegetables With Millet chilled.