|Carrot||1 , peeled|
|Red bell pepper||1|
|Green bell pepper||1|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh basil/Thyme /oregano||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Slice the squash, carrot and zucchini into ½-inch julienne sticks that are 2-inches long.
3) Seed the bell pepper and cut it into sticks that are the same size as that of the other vegetables.
4) In boiling water, blanch the carrot strips for about 5 minutes. Bring the water back to a boil and boil for about 3 minutes.
5) Mix together the squash, carrots, zucchini, red and green pepper, garlic and onion on a large sheet of aluminum foil in 2 layers.
6) Dot the mixture with oil and sprinkle the herbs all over.
7) Fold the foil over and seal it.
8) Put the foil envelope on a baking sheet.
9) Bake in the preheated oven till the vegetables are cooked. They should be tender but crisp. This takes about 25 minutes of baking.
10) Unwrap the foil envelope, place the hot vegetables on a decorative serving platter and serve while still fresh and piping hot. The dish is an excellent side dish.