Grated Turnips With Leeks And Peppers
|Turnips||2 , peel and grated|
|Leek||1 , julienned (White Part With Small Portion Of The Green,)|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper||1 , julienned|
|Green bell pepper||1 , julienned|
|Chopped mixed herbs||1 Tablespoon (Fresh, Basil, Thyme, Marjoram And Lemon Balm)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1) Boil a pot of water and add the grated turnip to it.
2) Boil once again and continue to gently boil for about 5 minutes. Drain well.
3) In the pot, melt half of the butter and add the leek. Saute till it is soft.
4) Mix the drained turnips with the leeks.
5) In a separate pan, melt the remaining butter and add the peppers. Saute till soft.
6) Add the peppers to the pot with the leek and turnips. Cook over low heat, tossing till thoroughly heated. Till this point the dish can be prepared in advance.
7) Put the hot preparation in a serving bowl and serve while still piping hot. Makes a good side dish.