Candied Sweet Potatoes
|Butter/Fat||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven at 350° F.
2. In a saucepan, take sweet potatoes. Do not peel it.
3. Add boiling water and cook it for 15 minutes.
4. Drain water. Peel and halve it lengthwise.
5. In a baking dish, heat butter or fat.
6. Add corn syrup, orange juice, sugar and sweet potatoes.
7. Bake it in an oven at 350° for 45 minutes or until potatoes become tender, basting frequently.
8. You can serve Candied Sweet Potatoes immediately or can reheat before serving.
Calories 460 Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.7%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.2 mg10.1%
Sodium 188.2 mg7.8%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g30%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.1%
Sugars 33.4 g
Protein 4 g7.4%
Vitamin A 645.7% Vitamin C 15.2%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet