Sweet Potatoes Royal
|Dried apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sweet potatoes||2 Pound, cooked, peeled|
|Butter/Fat||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Sliced blanched almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Wash apricots. Soak it in 2 cups of water for 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven at 375° F.
3. In a saucepan, bring apricots to a boil. Cook it over a low flame for 20 minutes or until tender.
4. Add sugar.
5. Cut sweet potatoes in ½ inch thick slices.
6. In a casserole, make layers of potatoes and undrained apricots.
7. Top it with butter or fat.
8. Bake it in an oven at 375°F for 35 minutes, basting twice.
9. Top it with almonds and bake it for 10 more minutes.
10. Serve Sweet Potatoes Royal immediately.