Steamed Garlic Vegetables
|Baby carrots||24 Small, scraped|
|Button mushroom caps||24 , cleaned|
|Zucchini||2 , unpeeled, cut into 2-inch x 1/2- inch sticks|
|Garlic pepper oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||5 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh thyme/Chopped fresh oregano||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1) Cut the broccoli florests from the stalks.
2) Discard the tough ends.
3) Peel and slice the stalks into 1/4-inch coins.
4) On a rack over boiling water, cook each vegetable separately steaming them until they are crisp-cooked.
5) In a large bow, place the steamed vegetables.
6) While they are still warm, toss them with some of the garlic pepper oil, then the vinegar, parsley, and thyme.
7) Adjust the seasoning, adding salt and pepper as desired.
8) Add more oil, if liked
9) Vegetables can be steamed ahead and then tossed over high heat in a large frying pan with some of the oil until heated through.
10) Can be served wither hot or cold.