Mushroom Stuffed Zucchini
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Fresh mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Tomato||1 Medium, chopped|
|Soda cracker crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
1. Cut the zucchini in lengthwise manner and spoon out its pulp using a knife. Leave the ¼ inch around the shell and chop squash pulp coarsely.
2. Take a 1 ½ - 2 qt casserole, add pulp into it along with celery, onion, tomatoes and mushroom, and cover it.
3. Place casserole in a microwave oven and cook it at a setting of HIGH for about 4-6 minutes until the zucchini becomes tender and stir it once during the cooking time.
4. Drain the mixture. Add egg, cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Cheddar cheese, salt and pepper, and stir well.
5. Add one -fourth of filling into individual zucchini shells.
6. Spoon some paprika over it.
7. Place stuffed zucchini on microwave roasting rack.
8. Cover the rack with plastic and microwave at a setting of HIGH for about 5-7 minutes until the zucchini turns soft and filling becomes set. Rearrange the zucchini and rotate the dish by ½ turn through half of the cooking time.
9. Serve the stuffed zucchini with a salad for a complete meal.