Seasoned Combo Tray
|Carrots||2 Medium, sliced diagonally|
|Broccoli flowerets||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cauliflowerets||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Hubbard squash||1⁄2 Pound, peeled and cut into wedges|
|Zucchini||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Tomato||1 Medium, cut into 6 wedges|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated|
1) Prepare all the vegetables by either cutting or chopping.
2) In a tray, arrange vegetables beginning with carrot slices, then broccoli and cauliflowerets arranged end on end.
3) Inside cauliflower-broccoli ring, overlap winter squash wedges.
4) Arrange zucchini slices in center.
5) Sprinkle 2 tablespoons water over the veggies.
6) Cover tray with plastic wrap.
7) Microwave at High 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender-crisp, rotating once.
8) Arrange tomato wedges on broccoli-cauliflower ring; recover.
9) Microwave 1 to 2 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and tomatoes heated.
10) Remove the tray from oven.
11) Let stand covered and start preparing sauce.
12) Place butter in 2-cup measure.
13) Microwave at High 30 to 60 seconds, or until butter melts.
14) Add cheese and onion salt, blend well.
15) Drain vegetables.
16) Pour sauce over vegetables.
17) Serve the vegetable combo as an appetizer or vegetable course.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 552 Calories from Fat 272
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.5%
Saturated Fat 18.1 g90.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74.7 mg24.9%
Sodium 458.7 mg19.1%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.2%
Dietary Fiber 18.4 g73.6%
Sugars 21.2 g
Protein 22 g44.8%
Vitamin A 785.5% Vitamin C 501.5%
Calcium 37.3% Iron 23.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet