Baked Potatoes With Chili Bean Sauce
|Mixed beans||4 Ounce, soaked overnight (red kidney beans and black-eye beans, 100 gram)|
|Red chilli||1 , deseeded|
|Olive oil||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Onions||2 Medium, finely chopped|
|Green chilli||1 , deseeded and very finely chopped|
|Fresh ginger root||1⁄2 Inch, grated|
|Fennel seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2.5 milliliter)|
|Tomato puree||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoon)|
|Shoyu/Salt||To Taste (if preferred)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Preheat oven to gas mark 6, 200°C (400°F).
2. Scrub potatoes and pierce the skins with a skewer several times.
3. Keep potatoes in oven and bake for 1-1 1/2 hours.
4. Drain the beans and keep in a pan.
5. Add fresh water and red chilli.
6. Uncover and boil and boil fast for 10 minutes.
7. Decrease heat, skim the scum, cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes until done.
8. Drain the beans and reserve cooking liquid. Remove chilli.
9. In a large saucepan heat oil and gently fry onions, green chilli, ginger and fennel seeds for 4-5 minutes.
10. Stir in cooked beans and tomato puree.
11. Gently mash everything adding some reserved stock if required.
12. Season with shoyu and pepper.
13. Halve the potatoes amd spoon sauce into it.
14. Top with yogurt or smetana.