Microwave Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded carrots||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream cheese frosting||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Store-Bought)|
1) In a mixing bowl, add in the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, oil, shredded carrots, eggs, nuts and raisins.
2) With an electric beater, blend the ingredients on low speed for about 2 minutes.
3) In a 8X8-inch baking dish, spread the batter evenly. Place the baking dish on an inverted saucer inside the microwave.
4) Microwave on MEDIUM for 6 minutes. After 3 minutes of cooking, rotate the dish a 1/4 turn.
5) Microwave again on HIGH for about 4 to 6 minutes.
6) To check if the cake is done, insert a toothpick in its centre. It must come out clean.
7) In between the cooking time, rotate the dish 1/4 turn.
8) Allow the cake to rest for 10 minutes on the oven countertop itself.
9) Let the cake cool down completely before you can start frosting it with the cream cheese.
10) Slice and serve.