Roast Quail in Vine Leaves
|Butter||2 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon (1 Squeeze Or As Per Taste)|
|Vine leaves||4 (Tender Variety)|
|Bacon fat slices||4|
|White bread slices||4|
|Fried breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Use As Required)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit, 180 degree Celsius.
2. Clean the quails and truss them neatly.
3. Squeeze some lemon juice inside each quail and sprinkle salt and pepper.
4. Place 1/4 ounce of butter inside each and wrap each one in a vine leaf.
5. Wrap it again in a slice of fat bacon.
6. In a roasting pan heat butter, put the quails, baste and roast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or grill on a spit until cooked.
7. Toast the 4 slices of bread and butter lightly.
8. Spread the pan drippings on the toast and serve the quails on top.