Tofu and Vegetable Stir Fry
|For the sauce|
|Vegetable stock||10 Fluid Ounce (300 Milliliter)|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crumbled|
|Grated ginger root||2 Teaspoon|
|Sunflower oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (As Required For Frying)|
|For the stir-fry|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Baby sweet corn||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Fennel bulb||1 Medium, diced|
|Red pepper||1 Large, de-seeded, thinly stripped|
|Broccoli florets||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Carrots||3 Medium, grated|
1. In a bowl, combine all sauce ingredients and mix them thoroughly.
2. Ready the stir-frying ingredients - Chop the tofu into manageable pieces and prepare other vegetables.
3. Take a large frying pan, or wok and fry the garlic briskly for few seconds.
4. Fry after adding tofu pieces, and until they turn slightly browned and take out from pan.
5. Heat 2 tsp oil.
6. Stir in sweet-corn, and cook for a minute.
7. Fry the fennel and stir for additional minute, add red pepper and cook for another 3 minutes.
8. Stir in broccoli and fried tofu and cook for 2-3 minutes.
9. Spoon the sauce over the mixture and combine well.
10. Boil the mixture, add carrots and cook the sauce on low heat for 2-3 minutes until it thickens or vegetables turn soft.
11. Serve the tofu and vegetable stir fry immediately with steamed rice.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4418 Calories from Fat 3970
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 449 g691.2%
Saturated Fat 58.5 g292.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2688.9 mg112%
Total Carbohydrates 104 g34.8%
Dietary Fiber 22.1 g88.3%
Sugars 25.2 g
Protein 21 g42%
Vitamin A 839.3% Vitamin C 711.6%
Calcium 32.2% Iron 36.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet