Health And Fiber Rich Lemon Braised Leeks
|Leeks||2 Pound, washed, trimmed|
|Carrots||2 , scraped, chopped|
|Onion||1 , peeled, sliced|
|Freshly ground white pepper||To Taste|
|Plain flour||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Blanch the leeks in salted, boiling water for about 5 minutes. Drain the leeks.
3) In a flame-proof casserole, melt 1 ounce of butter. Toss in the carrots and onions. Saute till they change color slightly.
4) Add in the drained leeks into the casserole. Pour in the stock next. Season with salt and pepper.
5) Cream the butter and flour in a bowl. Add in the lemon juice. Mix well using a fork. Spread this mixture over the leeks.
6) Cover the casserole. Place the dish in the oven and bake for about 35 minutes.
7) Serve the Lemon Braised Leeks with a side of grated cheese and brown bread chunks.