Simple Vegetable Sauce
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , peeled and finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Mixed vegetables||1 Pound, cut into large chunks (450 Gram Carrots, Mushrooms, Courgettes, And Cabbage)|
|Canned tomatoes||14 Ounce, pureed (1 Tin)|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. In a skillet, heat some oil and fry the onions for about 3 minutes until they turn soft. Add garlic and cook for about a minute.
2. Stir in vegetables and cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, herbs, tomato puree and stir well. Cook the mixture on low heat for about 35-40 minutes. Or
4. Add ingredients to the pressure cooker and pressure cook them for about 10 minutes.
5. Stir in shoyu and season to taste.
6. Serve the simple vegetable sauce hot with pasta, grains or baked potatoes.