Simple Vegetable Sauce
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , peeled and finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Mixed vegetables||1 Pound, cut into large chunks (450 Gram Carrots, Mushrooms, Courgettes, And Cabbage)|
|Canned tomatoes||14 Ounce, pureed (1 Tin)|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. In a skillet, heat some oil and fry the onions for about 3 minutes until they turn soft. Add garlic and cook for about a minute.
2. Stir in vegetables and cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, herbs, tomato puree and stir well. Cook the mixture on low heat for about 35-40 minutes. Or
4. Add ingredients to the pressure cooker and pressure cook them for about 10 minutes.
5. Stir in shoyu and season to taste.
6. Serve the simple vegetable sauce hot with pasta, grains or baked potatoes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 659 Calories from Fat 150
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.3%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1041.4 mg43.4%
Total Carbohydrates 111 g37%
Dietary Fiber 23.8 g95%
Sugars 27.3 g
Protein 20 g40.5%
Vitamin A 240.9% Vitamin C 179.3%
Calcium 40.4% Iron 56.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet