Sweet Potato Bread
|All-purpose flour||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Dry yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Packages, 1/4 Ounce Each)|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Mashed sweet potato||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon (Use As Needed)|
1) Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
2) In a bowl, mix 2 cups of the flour and dry yeast.
3) In a saucepan, heat milk, water, sweet potato, oil, sugar, and salt until very warm.
4) Add this to the flour mixture and mix until smooth with an electric blender.
5) Add more flour to make medium stiff dough. On a floured surface knead until smooth and elastic.
6) Put the dough into a bowl and cover it. Keep it for 30 minutes.
7) Divide it into half and roll the dough in 7 x 14-inch rectangles.
8) Roll the rectangles in jelly roll from the short side, press the dough into roll at each turn.
9) Seal ends and fold it under loaf.
10) Take 2 sprayed 8 x 4 x 2-inch loaf pans and place loaves in it. Apply oil and put them in warm place to rise to double.
11) Bake the loaves for 35-40 minutes. Let them cool on the rack.
12) Serve the bread as a snack or for lunch.
Cover with a foil if bread browns too quickly.