Parsnips With Pineapple
|Parsnips||1 Pound, pared and julienned (Or 4 Medium Sized)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned crushed pineapple||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Grated orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
1. Take a 1 ½ -1 quart casserole, add butter, parsnips, and ¼ cup of water. Stir well and cover.
2. Microwave at HIGH for about 5-7 minutes, until the vegetables turn crispy and soft. Keep aside.
3. Take 1 quart measure casserole and add cornstarch and brown sugar and stir well.
4. Add pineapple, remaining water, salt and grated orange rind.
5. Microwave at HIGH 3-4 minutes until the mixture gets thicken , stir after 2 minutes and after every minute.
6. Drain parsnips.
7. Spoon pineapple mixture over parsnips.