Parsnips with Pineapple
|Parsnips||1 Pound, pared and julienned (Or 4 Medium Sized)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned crushed pineapple||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Grated orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
1. Take a 1 ½ -1 quart casserole, add butter, parsnips, and ¼ cup of water. Stir well and cover.
2. Microwave at HIGH for about 5-7 minutes, until the vegetables turn crispy and soft. Keep aside.
3. Take 1 quart measure casserole and add cornstarch and brown sugar and stir well.
4. Add pineapple, remaining water, salt and grated orange rind.
5. Microwave at HIGH 3-4 minutes until the mixture gets thicken , stir after 2 minutes and after every minute.
6. Drain parsnips.
7. Spoon pineapple mixture over parsnips.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 849 Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.5%
Saturated Fat 15.6 g78.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.5 mg21.5%
Sodium 291.7 mg12.2%
Total Carbohydrates 156 g52%
Dietary Fiber 25.1 g100.4%
Sugars 85.8 g
Protein 6 g12.5%
Vitamin A 15.4% Vitamin C 139.9%
Calcium 17.9% Iron 15.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet