Almond Vegetable And Tofu Saute
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tamari soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock/Vegetable soup base||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder/1 garlic clove crushed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Thinly sliced carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cut green beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced cauliflower||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Cubed tofu||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Silvered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), roasted|
1) In a small bow, put together water, tamari, garlic, cornstarch and stock.
2) Set the mixture aside.
3) In a large skillet or wok, heat oil and stir fry carrots and beans at very high heat for 2 minutes.
4) Add onion and cauliflower and stir-fry them for 1-2 minutes more.
5) Stir in the liquid and cook until sauce is thickened.
6) Let the vegetables remain crisp, but for softer vegetables, cover the wok or skillet and cook for some more time.
7) Add tofu and cook until warmed.
8) Sprinkle almonds over the vegetables. You may also top the dish with roasted peanuts for extra flavor and variety.
9) Serve the sauteed vegetables with brown rice.