Triple Vegetable Delight
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Apple||1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled and sliced|
|Fresh beets||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked and diced|
1) Take a large skillet and heat margarine in it. Cook onion in it until tender, stirring constantly.
2) Add apple slices and carrots.
3) Cover and cook over low heat for about 10-15 minutes or until almost tender.
4) Stir in nutmeg, beets, pepper and salt. Cook for about 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
5) Place in platter and serve immediately.
Calories 176 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.6%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 101.8 mg4.2%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22%
Sugars 14.8 g
Protein 2 g4.2%
Vitamin A 223% Vitamin C 18.9%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet