|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned chili with beans||15 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can, Armour Star)|
|Pitted ripe olives||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Use It Hot)|
|Green chilies||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the drumsticks and season well.
2. Pierce them with a fork all over.
3. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
4. In a large oven proof casserole, melt the butter or margarine over medium high.
5. When the fat is hot but not smoking, add the chicken and saute them until they are evenly browned and lose their pinkishness.
6. Empty the chili with beans over the chicken drumsticks and scatter the olives on top.
7. Cover the casserole with its lid or with foil and transfer it to the oven.
8. Cook the chicken for 40 to 45 minutes or until the chicken is succulent and the juices run clear when pierced at the thickest portion.
9. Stir the chilies into the hot cooked rice
10. Make a bed of chili rice on each serving plate.
11. Arrange the drumstick on top and spoon the chili over it.
12. Serve with a corn salsa on the side.
Calories 587 Calories from Fat 258
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46%
Saturated Fat 11.1 g55.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 161.3 mg53.8%
Sodium 1137.8 mg47.4%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g13.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.9%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 39 g77.4%
Vitamin A 17.9% Vitamin C 41.2%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 37.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet