Carrot And Cauliflower Medley
|Carrots||8 Large, peeled|
|Cauliflower head||1 Large|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs), salted|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Prepared dijon style mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Regular strength chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Swiss cheese||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), shredded|
|Green onions with tops||2 , sliced|
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Clean and cut carrots into 1/4-inch-thick slanting slices measuring 4 cups.
3. Break cauliflower into flowerets.
4. In a saucepan boil salted water and cook vegetables for 5 minutes.
5. Put vegetables into cold water, drain and keep aside.
6. In a pan melt butter over medium heat.
7. Mix flour and mustard and cook till bubbly.
8. Take off from heat.
9. Mix chicken broth and cream. Cook and stir until thick.
10. Add 1 cup cheese and stir.
11. In a 2-quart casserole mix vegetables and sauce.
12. Sprinkle cheese over it.
13. Cover and refrigerate.
14. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
15. Garnish with onions.