Sweet Potatoes And Apples
|Sweet potatoes||1 Pound (Small, Long Narrow, 3 In Number)|
|Tart apples||2 Large|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) Peel off the potato skin and cut in half along the width.
2) Wash the apples, cut into quarters without peeling off the skin, and remove the core part. Cut the quarters in slices. Place aside covered.
3) Chop the ginger and place aside.
4) In a covered pot, cook the potatoes in water for about 25 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
5) In a skillet, cook the apple slices in orange juice over high heat.
6) Add ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt and pepper.
7) Cover with lid and cook for a while, until the apples are tender.
8) Simmer the apples by reducing heat and uncovering for another few minutes longer.
9) Slice the potato pieces and add into the skillets, after removing from water.
10) Gently combine the mixture for couple of minutes.
11) Serve hot by garnishing with fresh orange zests, if desired.