|Cut up rhubarb||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Red food color||4 Drop|
1. Cut rhubarb into 1 inch length.
2. In a blender, puree rhubarb with water and measure; should be 3 cups of pulp.
3. In a large saucepan, boil rhubarb pulp.
4. Stir in sugar and cook with constant stirring until mixture is thick like fruit butter.
5. Add food color.
6. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
7. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
8. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
9. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
10. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
11. Use Rhubarb Butter as filling for buns or spread over toast and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2106 Calories from Fat 14
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.5%
Saturated Fat 0.43 g2.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 32.6 mg1.4%
Total Carbohydrates 537 g179%
Dietary Fiber 14.7 g58.7%
Sugars 508.5 g
Protein 7 g14.7%
Vitamin A 16.6% Vitamin C 108.8%
Calcium 70.7% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet