|Cut up rhubarb||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Red food color||4 Drop|
1. Cut rhubarb into 1 inch length.
2. In a blender, puree rhubarb with water and measure; should be 3 cups of pulp.
3. In a large saucepan, boil rhubarb pulp.
4. Stir in sugar and cook with constant stirring until mixture is thick like fruit butter.
5. Add food color.
6. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
7. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
8. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
9. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
10. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
11. Use Rhubarb Butter as filling for buns or spread over toast and serve.