Peggy Alexander's Sweet Potato Jalapeno Soup with Lime Cream
|Diced red onion||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Jalapeno peppers||4 , seeded and minced (fresh, adjust quantity as per taste)|
|Salt||1 Pinch (adjust quantity as per taste)|
|Ground black pepper||2 Teaspoon|
|Light cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a pan of salted water, cook whole and unpeeled sweet potatoes for about 1 hour or until tender.
2. Drain the potatoes.
3. Allow them to cool and then peel.
4. For making the lime cream, add the juice and grated peel of limes into a pan of sour cream and blend until you get a pourable consistency.
5. Refrigerate the cream until ready to use.
6. Meanwhile, in a pan melt butter to saute onion until soft.
7. In a food processor, puree potatoes, onion and 1 cup of stock. Use more more stock, if needed.
8. In a saucepan, add the puree, leftover stock, jalapenos and salt and pepper.
9. Cook covered on low flame for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. Ladle the soup into soup bowls.
10. Top each bowl with a spoonful of lime cream.
11. Garnish with cilantro and serve.