Creamed Leeks and Mushrooms
|Leeks||2 Pound, trimmed, split lengthwise and sliced into 1/2 inch thick pieces (900 gram)|
|Small button mushrooms||8 Ounce, cleaned (225 gram)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Ounce (50 gram)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Plain flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 milliliter)|
|Single cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a sauce pan, melt 10 gms butter.
2. Add mushrooms and lemon juice and mix well. Cover and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till mushrooms soften. Keep aside.
3. In a large sized sauce pan, melt 40 gms butter.
4. Add leeks and mix well. Cover and cook on a low flame for 10 minutes or till leeks soften.
5. Add flour and mix well.
6. Add stock, mix well and bring to boil.
7. Once boiled, reduce flame and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
8. Add cooked mushrooms along with pan juices and mix well.
9. Remove off flame, add cream and parsley. Mix well.
10. Transfer on to a serving platter and serve warm.