Rosy Rhubarb Swirls
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cranberry juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rhubarb||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs), cut in 1/2 pieces|
|Biscuit mix||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon (soft)|
1. Preheat the oven to hot, 425°F, 220°c, gas mark 7.
2. Grease a 8x8x2 inches baking pan.
1. In a saucepan add 1 cup sugar, cranberry juice and water, and boil for 1 minute.
2. Place half of the rhubarb in the greased pan.
3. Combine the biscuit mix with 2 tablespoons sugar and nutmeg.
4. Add the oil and milk to make soft dough; knead lightly on floured surface.
5. Roll into 9 inches square, spread with butter, sprinkle with remaining rhubarb and 4 tablespoon sugar.
6. Roll as a jelly roll, seal the edges; cut into 9 slices and place the slices cut side up over
the rhubarb in pan.
7. Pour the cranberry syrup, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar and bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
8. Remove and let it rest for 10 minutes.
9. Serve warm or at room temperature with your favourite ice cream or whipped cream.