Italian Potato Puff
|Green pepper||1 Small, seeded and chopped for 1/2 cup|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped for 1/2 cup|
|Prepared instant mashed potatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Seasoned dry bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce, thinly sliced (1 package)|
1. Preheat the oven at (350°).
2. In a small skillet saute green pepper and onion in 2 tablespoons of the butter or margarine until soft.
3. In a medium-size bowl, stir into mashed potatoes.
4. Grease a 6-cup round baking dish evenly with the remaining 1 tablespoon butter or margarine.
5. Sprinkle with bread crumbs, making sure to cover inside of dish completely.
6. Layer potatoes and cheese in dish, beginning and ending with potatoes.
7. Bake in moderate preheated oven 30 minutes until potatoes are slightly golden.
8. Turn out onto warm serving dish, shaking gently to loosen and serve at once.
Calories 1092 Calories from Fat 196
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.3%
Saturated Fat 13.4 g66.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 69.1 mg23%
Sodium 688.3 mg28.7%
Total Carbohydrates 199 g66.4%
Dietary Fiber 21.3 g85%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 34 g68.3%
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 179.5%
Calcium 31.6% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet