Italian Potato Puff
|Green pepper||1 Small, seeded and chopped for 1/2 cup|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped for 1/2 cup|
|Prepared instant mashed potatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Seasoned dry bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce, thinly sliced (1 package)|
1. Preheat the oven at (350°).
2. In a small skillet saute green pepper and onion in 2 tablespoons of the butter or margarine until soft.
3. In a medium-size bowl, stir into mashed potatoes.
4. Grease a 6-cup round baking dish evenly with the remaining 1 tablespoon butter or margarine.
5. Sprinkle with bread crumbs, making sure to cover inside of dish completely.
6. Layer potatoes and cheese in dish, beginning and ending with potatoes.
7. Bake in moderate preheated oven 30 minutes until potatoes are slightly golden.
8. Turn out onto warm serving dish, shaking gently to loosen and serve at once.