Onions with Savory Sage Stuffing
|Onions||6 Large, peeled|
1. Preheat the oven to moderate, 325°F, 170°c, gas mark 3.
2. In a pot boil the onions until almost tender, about 10 minutes.
3. Drain and remove the pulp leaving ¾ inch shell.
4. Finely chop the pulp and mix nicely with your favourite stuffing.
5. Stuff the onion shells and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes (If roasting with meat, arrange onions around the meat 30 minutes before removing the meat.).
6. Serve hot with roasts or grilled meat, with pies or even with a salad, excellent for dinner as well as lunch.