Sweet Potato Chips
|Sweet potatoes||2 Medium|
|Ice water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (as required)|
|Vegetable shortening||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (required for frying)|
1. Pare potatoes, halve them lengthwise, and thinly slice them using vegetable slicer or with a sharp knife.
2. Take a medium-sized bowl; fill it with ice water, chill until crispy. Take water with slotted spoon, and drain it well on paper towel.
3. Take an electric skillet, melt vegetable shortening to make a 1-inch depth and heat it to 400°.
4. Fry 1 layer of potato slices at a time and turn it once during 1-2 minutes until they turn golden and crispy. Take out using slotted spoon, drain on paper towel.
5. Serve after seasoning with salt.