Sweet Potato Chips
|Sweet potatoes||2 Medium|
|Ice water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (as required)|
|Vegetable shortening||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (required for frying)|
1. Pare potatoes, halve them lengthwise, and thinly slice them using vegetable slicer or with a sharp knife.
2. Take a medium-sized bowl; fill it with ice water, chill until crispy. Take water with slotted spoon, and drain it well on paper towel.
3. Take an electric skillet, melt vegetable shortening to make a 1-inch depth and heat it to 400°.
4. Fry 1 layer of potato slices at a time and turn it once during 1-2 minutes until they turn golden and crispy. Take out using slotted spoon, drain on paper towel.
5. Serve after seasoning with salt.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2976 Calories from Fat 2719
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 308 g473.2%
Saturated Fat 76.9 g384.4%
Trans Fat 40.5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 575.7 mg24%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20.1%
Dietary Fiber 9 g36%
Sugars 12.5 g
Protein 5 g9.4%
Vitamin A 851.1% Vitamin C 12%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet