Tangy Vegetable Medley
|Fresh green beans/Green beans (whole) - 2 packages (10 ounces each), frozen||2 Pound|
|Baby lima beans||10 Ounce, frozen (1 package)|
|Fresh corn/Kernel corn - 1 package (10 ounces) , frozen and thawed||2 Medium, cooked (2 cups)|
|Celery stalks||2 Large, thinly sliced (1 cup)|
|Red onion||1 Medium, chopped (1/2 cup)|
|Sweet red pepper||1 , halved, seeded and diced|
|Pimiento||4 Ounce, sliced (1 jar)|
|White vinegar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), distilled|
|Vegetable oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Take a large pot filled with water.
2) Boil the water and cook the fresh green beans in boiling water for 7 minutes. keep aside the boiled green beans.
3) If using the frozen green beans, cook as per the package instructions.
4) Cut the green beans into 2 inch lengthwise.
5) Take a baking dish and mix together the green beans, lima beans, corn, celery, onion, red pepper and pimento.
6) Take a jar and mix the vinegar, oil, water, salt, pepper and paprika. Shake them well.
7) Pour the mixture over the vegetable and stir them well.
8) Marinate the vegetables and keep in the refrigerator.
9) Drain the marinade before serving the dish.
10) Serve the dish with plain cooked rice.