Spring Vegetable Baskets
|Filo pastry sheets||8 , thawed, if frozen|
|Hot water||1 Teaspoon|
|Mild olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Mixed spring vegetables||8 Ounce|
|Chopped fresh tarragon||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon (From 1 Lemon)|
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
2. In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Cut the filo pastry into eight 7-inch squares.
3. Put two ¼-pint glass ramekin dishes, upturned, on a baking tray and brush with butter. Layer 4 pastry
squares on top, brushing each liberally with the melted butter, to make 2 baskets.
4. Bake the baskets for 8-10 minutes until crisp and golden. Remove from the oven and carefully lift each basket off its ramekin and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Heat a small wok with a little of the melted butter and the oil. Cut in half lengthways any of the vegetables that are particularly thick. Add the vegetables to the wok and stir-fry for about 1 minute. Sprinkle in 2 to 3 tablespoons water and continue to steam-fry the vegetables for 2 to 3 minutes until tender.
6. In a heatproof bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the hot water and a pinch of salt until well combined. Stand the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water and whisk for 2 to 3 minutes until the mixture is thick enough to leave a trail.
7. Gradually pour the melted butter into the egg mixture a little at a time, whisking constantly. Stir in 2 teaspoons of the tarragon and enough lemon juice to achieve a creamy consistency. Keep warm.
8. Into the middle of warmed serving plates, spoon some of the sauce, place one of the pastry cases in the middle of each and fill with some of the vegetables and a little of the sauce.
9. Garnish with the remaining tarragon and serve at once.