Chocolate Zucchini Cake
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Zucchini||6 Ounce, grated (2 Cups)|
|Semi sweet chocolate pieces||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||2 Tablespoon (Or As Required, For Garnish)|
1) Preheat the oven 350°F.
2) Scantly coat a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with butter and dust with flour.
3) In a bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
4) In another bowl place together the butter or margarine, sugar and oil.
5) Using an electric hand blender beat the butter mixture at high speed for 2 minutes.
6) Gently stir in the eggs and vanilla and beat for 2 minutes more until light and fluffy.
7) Add the flour mixture in small batches alternately with the sour milk in 3 additions at very low speed until combined.
8) Fold the zucchini in the flour batter.
9) Remove the batter into the baking pan.
10) Dredge the chocolate pieces evenly over the top.
11) Bake in the oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
12) Place on a wire rack and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
13) Cut into squares and serve topped with a dollop of whipped cream.