Chocolate Zucchini Cake
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Zucchini||6 Ounce, grated (2 Cups)|
|Semi sweet chocolate pieces||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||2 Tablespoon (Or As Required, For Garnish)|
1) Preheat the oven 350°F.
2) Scantly coat a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with butter and dust with flour.
3) In a bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
4) In another bowl place together the butter or margarine, sugar and oil.
5) Using an electric hand blender beat the butter mixture at high speed for 2 minutes.
6) Gently stir in the eggs and vanilla and beat for 2 minutes more until light and fluffy.
7) Add the flour mixture in small batches alternately with the sour milk in 3 additions at very low speed until combined.
8) Fold the zucchini in the flour batter.
9) Remove the batter into the baking pan.
10) Dredge the chocolate pieces evenly over the top.
11) Bake in the oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
12) Place on a wire rack and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
13) Cut into squares and serve topped with a dollop of whipped cream.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5116 Calories from Fat 3039
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 345 g531.4%
Saturated Fat 154.4 g772.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 949.6 mg316.5%
Sodium 3082.4 mg128.4%
Total Carbohydrates 505 g168.5%
Dietary Fiber 19.8 g79.3%
Sugars 402.8 g
Protein 44 g89%
Vitamin A 129.2% Vitamin C 49.6%
Calcium 77.8% Iron 67.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet