Potato And Onion Cake
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled and cooked (750 Grams)|
|Onions||3 Medium, sliced|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, grated (100 Grams)|
1) Heat the oven at 400°F (200°C),Gas Mark 6,
2) In a bog bowl, mash the potato until creamy with butter, egg and milk, and add the salt and pepper.
3) In a skillet, fry the onion in the butter until golden brown.
4) In an 8-inch (20 cm) sandwich tin, spread half the potato mixture.
5) Place the onions and half the cheese on top of the potato and then spread the remaining potato over and smooth flat.
6) Sprinkle remaining cheese over the smooth top.
7) Bake the cake in the hot oven, for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
8) Serve the potato and onion cake as a side dish.
If the cake is to be turned out, line the tin with greaseproof paper, or use a non-stick tin.
Calories 376 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.7%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97.9 mg32.6%
Sodium 210.7 mg8.8%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.5%
Sugars 8.1 g
Protein 14 g27.7%
Vitamin A 10.6% Vitamin C 74.9%
Calcium 26.9% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet