|Brinjals||2 Medium, sliced|
|Coriander seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Medium, minced|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs) (A Handful)|
1. In a frying pan dry roast coconut, small onion, corriander seeds, peppercorns and cloves to red colour.
2. Grind the ingredients to a paste.
3. Heat 2 tblsps oil and add minced onions and fry to almond colour.
4. Mix brinjals, salt and turmeric.
5. Cover tightly with a lid and cook over a slow fire until tender. Do not add water.
6. Add the coconut paste and mix together. Remove from fire.
7. Serve garnished with coriander leaves.