Light Rhubarb Crepes
|For light rhubarb sauce:|
|Fresh rhubarb||5 Cup (80 tbs), chopped|
|Honey||6 1⁄2 Tablespoon, divided (1/3 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Part skim ricotta cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|For delicious diet crepes:|
|Skim milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unbleached white flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
To make the crepes
1. In a large bowl, beat together eggs and honey.
2. Beat in skim milk and water.
3. Sift together whole wheat pastry flour, unbleached white flour, and baking powder.
4. Stir into egg mixture just until blended.
5. Stir in vanilla.
6. Cover and let mixture stand in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
7. Spray an 8-inch skillet with vegetable spray.
8. Heat over medium heat until a drop of water dropped in the middle of the skillet sizzles.
9. Pour 1/8 cup of batter into pan, moving pan from side to side to distribute it evenly by swirling the pan.
10. When bubbles form on surface, about 45 seconds, carefully turn crepe over using your fingers, and cook another 15 seconds.
11. Remove to a wax paper lined surface.
12. Repeat process until all the batter is used up. Keep warm if you want to serve crepes warm.
To make the rhubarb sauce
13. In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb and 1/3 cup of the honey.
14. Dissolve cornstarch in water.
15. Stir into rhubarb mixture.
16. Simmer, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
17. Continue cooking, stirring often, until rhubarb is tender, about 15 minutes.
18. Chill if you want to serve the crepes cold.
19. In a medium-size bowl, beat together ricotta, remaining honey, and vanilla until smooth.
20. On 12 of the best crepes, spoon the rhubarb mixture down the center.
21. Top with the cheese mixture.
22. Fold the sides over the filling and roll the crepes.
23. Arrange 2 Light Rhubarb Crepes on each dessert plate and spoon extra sauce around them.
24. Serve warm or cold.