Stuffed Vegetable Marrow
|Vegetable marrow||1 Small|
|Meat||4 Ounce, cooked, minced (Dark, White Or Ham)|
|Finely chopped onion||2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon (Mixture Of White And Cayenne)|
|Browned crumbs||1 Tablespoon (For Coating)|
|Drippings||2 Ounce (For Coating)|
1. Preheat oven hot to 400°.
2. Clean and peel marrow. Cut lengthways and remove seeds.
3. In a saucepan steam the marrow for 15-20 mins until cooked but not tender.
4. In a pan melt butter and fry onions and the chopped mushrooms in it.
5. Stir in breadcrumbs, cooked meat, seasoning and egg.
6. Spoon the mixture into hollows in the marrow halves and keep one on top of another.
7. In a baking tin heat the dripping.
8. Arrange marrow in it, baste and sprinkle with crumbs.
9. Bake in oven for 30 mins.
10. Serve with a piquante sauce.