|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Bread cubes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mashed potatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Eggs||1 Large, lightly beaten|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a baking casserole.
2) In a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of butter. Add in the onions and celery. Saute till the mixture becomes soft.
3) In another skillet, melt the remaining butter. Add in the bread cubes and brown them well over low heat. Keep tossing the bread around occasionally.
4) Into the bread cubes, add in the sauted onion and celery, parsley and paper
5) In a large bowl, add in the mashed potatoes. Beat them with the egg and water. Add in the bread mixture into the potatoes. Mix well.
6) Stuff the potato stuffing into the neck and body cavities of a 12 to 14 pound turkey.
7) Place the turkey on a baking dish. Bake for about 30 minutes or till the turkey becomes crusty.
8) Serve the Potato Stuffed Baked Turkey with a generous sprinkling of herbs on top.