Chocolate Potato Cake
|Mashed potatoes||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||6 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Self raising flour||6 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Melted chocolate/4 level teaspoons, cocoa||1 1⁄2 Ounce (35 Gram)|
|Milk||80 Milliliter (4 Tablespoons, 20 Milliliter Each)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
1) In a bowl, combine the fat and sugar and mashed potato and mix well.
2) If using melted, add it to the potato mix.
3) Beat the eggs, and add in.
4) Sift together the flour and salt and mix well and stir in milk to soften.
5) Equally divide the mix between two eight inch (20 cm) tins and place in an oven at 375°F (190°C), Gas Mark 5, for 25-30 minutes.
6) Check firmness and springiness of the top by lightly pressing.
7) Place on a rack to cool.
8) Sandwich together with any filling, then top with icing and decorate.