Baked Gammon Potatoes
Potatoes - 6 large
Onion - 1 large, finely chopped
French mustard - 2 teaspoons [2X5 ml spoons] made
Butter - 3 oz [75 g]
Cream, or top of milk
Cheese, Cheddar, grated
Salt and pepper
1) Scrub the potatoes and dry.
2) Poke the skin in several places and rub in some butter.
3) Arrange on a baking sheet and place in oven at 425°F (220°C), Gas Mark 7 till soft.
4) In a pan, heat butter, add the onion and fry.
5) Add the bacon or gammon and mix well. Keep warm.
6) Half the potatoes.
7) Into a bowl, scoop out the centres.
8) Mash with the remaining butter and mix in the mustard, seasoning, bacon and onion.
9) Stir in a little cream.
10) Add in the egg and beat well while the mixture is still hot.
11) Place the filling into the potato jackets and top with grated cheese.
12) When ready to serve, place in hot oven for 10 minutes at 425°F (220°C), Gas Mark 7.