Macedoine De Legumes
Turnip, Parsnip or Celeriac - 1/2 lb/250 g, diced
Peas - 6 oZ/175 g, shelled
Green Beans - 6 oz/175 g, cut in 1/2 in/1 cm lengths
Vinaigrette Dressing - 2 fl oz./50 ml (made with white wine or malt vinegar and olive oil)
Mayonnaise - 6 fl oz/175 ml
1. In a pan of cold salted water, add carrot and turnip, parsnip or celeriac. Cover and boil the mixture.
2. Simmer until tender, for about10-12 minutes and then drain.
3. In a separate pan of boiling salted water, cook peas and green beans until tender yet firm. This will take 5-8 minutes.
4. Drain and rinse them thoroughly with cold water. Drain them once again.
5. When the vegetables are still warm, add vinaigrette and mix well.
6. Upon cooling, mix the vegetables with mayonnaise to bind them. Too much mayonnaise will make the salad heavy.
7. Add seasoning to taste and serve at once.