Eggs - 2
Fat - for frying
Salt - to taste
Pepper - to taste
1) In a bowl, grate the potato and squeeze off extra water.
2) Season with salt and pepper and add eggs. Combine the mixture thoroughly.
3) In a pan, add fat and heat up.
4) Drop dessertspoons (10 ml spoons) of mixture to fry until golden brown for about 10 minutes. Flip over when one side is done.
5) Transfer the fried potatoes over paper towels to drain oil.
6) Serve the golden leaves immediately with tomato sauce on side, if desired.