|Cabbage leaves||12 Medium|
|Onion||1 , peeled, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Lean minced beef||1 Pound|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Dried mixed herbs||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||4 Fluid Ounce|
|Tomato sauce||2 Tablespoon (To Serve)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a pot, bring the salted water to boil and blanch the cabbage leaves for 2 minutes.
3) Immerse cabbage in chilled water and drain well.
4) In a pan, melt the lard and saute the onion and garlic for 5 minutes until soft.
5) Add the beef and saute for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
6) Stir in the puree, Worcestershire sauce, seasoning, herbs, and tomato sauce, mix well.
7) Place 1 tablespoon of the meat mixture in the center of each cabbage leaf.
8) Fold the leaves to make a parcel.
9) Arrange the parcels in a buttered ovenproof dish and stream the stock over it.
10) Cover with a foil and bake in oven for about 30 minutes.
11) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Allow to cool and place in a plastic container.
12) Seal, label and freeze the container.
13) Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley if desired.
14) If using the frozen cabbage parcels, thaw in refrigerator overnight.
15) Reheat in a preheated moderate oven for 45 minutes or until heated through.
16) Serve as mentioned in step 8.