Leek, Celery and Cheese Pie
|Leeks||1 Pound, sliced|
|Celery stalks||3 , chopped|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, grated|
|Macaroni||4 Ounce, cooked to aldente|
|White breadcrumbs||1 Ounce (To Finish)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Ounce (To Finish)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Lightly coat the bottom with 1 tablespoon of butter.
3) In a pan, place leeks and celery with the milk and season to taste.
4) Put the lid on and cook over low heat until tender.
5) Strain the vegetables and reserve the cooking liquid.
6) In cleaned pan, melt the butter and blend the flour, cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
7) Take the pan of the heat and slowly stream in the cooking liquid.
8) Cook over low heat until thick, then mix in the cheese.
9) Place macaroni in an ovenproof dish, stir in leek and celery.
10) Stream the sauce over and dredge with crumbs.
11) Mark the top with butter.
12) Place the oven in the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until well heated and lightly browned.
13) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Wrap the cooled unbaked macaroni mixture with the foil.
14) Seal, label and freeze.
15) Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley if desired.
16) If using the frozen macaroni mixture, take off the wrapping and dredge with crumbs.
17) Mark with butter and reheat from frozen in a preheated moderately hot oven for 45 minutes or until well heated and lightly browned.
18) Serve as mentioned in step 10.