Sweet Potato Cake Roll
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sweet potato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), peeled grated and raw|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||2 Teaspoon, grounded|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, grounded|
|Orange rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, grounded|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon, sifted and powdered|
1) Take a jellyroll pan and coat with the cooking spray. Line the pan with wax paper. Keep the pan aside.
2) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
3) Take the eggs and beat them for nearly 5 minutes.
4) Add 1/2 cup of sugar (1 tablespoon at a time). Beat them well.
5) Now fold in vanilla along with sweet potato.
6) Take the flour and next six ingredients and mix them.
7) Now again fold into sweet potato mixture.
8) Take the coated pan and spread the batter.
9) Bake the dish for 12 minutes at 375 degrees. Sift the powdered sugar in a rectangle on a linen towel.
10) When the cake is baked, turn over the powdered sugar.
11) Roll up the cake and towel together in a jelly roll style.
12) Allow the roll to cool for sometime.
13) Unroll cake and take out the towel.
14) Spread the creamy filling and reroll them.
15) Before serving, cut the cake roll into 1-inch slices.
16) Serve on a serving plate.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1196 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.8%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 634.4 mg211.5%
Sodium 1135.9 mg47.3%
Total Carbohydrates 231 g76.9%
Dietary Fiber 11 g44%
Sugars 135.7 g
Protein 30 g60.8%
Vitamin A 228.4% Vitamin C 15.4%
Calcium 59.8% Iron 50.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet