Sweet Potato And Pork Stir Fry
|Pork boneless loin/Leg||1 Pound, fat trimmed (1 Piece)|
|Corn starch||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Sliced mushrooms||8 Ounce (3 Cup)|
|Sweet potatoes/Yams||2 Medium, cut lengthwise into fourths and thinly sliced|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Dry white wine/Apple juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon granules||1 Teaspoon|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Cut pork with grain into 2-inch strips and 1/8-inch thick slices.
2) Coat pork with corn starch.
3) Make a 1 tablespoon water and 1 tablespoon corn starch mixture.
4) Take a wok or 12-inch skillet and heat it. Add some oil to it.
5) Now, add pork and garlic to the wok and stir-fry until pork is brown.
6) Remove pork from wok and keep it aside.
7) Add some oil and add sweet potatoes and mushrooms. Stir fry for a minute.
8) Add wine, 1/2 cup water, bouillon granules and red pepper to the wok.
9) Bring it to a boil and lower the heat.
10) Cover the wok with a lid and let the mixture simmer until potatoes are tender.
11) Add corn starch and cook until sauce thickens.
12) Add pork and stir to mix well and coat it nicely.
13) Serve sweet potato and pork stir fry with steamed rice.
Pork is easier to cut if partially frozen, about 1 1/2 hours.