Mixed Vegetables with Piquant Sauce
|Cauliflower flowerets||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baby carrots||1 Pound, scraped|
|Brussels sprouts||10 Ounce, frozen (1 Package 10 Ounce)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken flavored bouillon granules||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Diced pimiento||2 Ounce, drained (1 Jar)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a vegetable steamer, arrange the carrots and cauliflower.
2) Place the steamer over boiling water, cover and steam for about 8 minutes, till the vegetables are crisp-tender.
3) Drain the vegetables, set aside and keep them warm.
4) Follow the instructions on the package to cook the Brussels sprouts. Do not use salt.
5) Drain the sprouts and add then to the reserved vegetable mixture.
6) In a medium saucepan, combine together the cornstarch, water and bouillon. Stir well till blended.
7) Bring the contents to a boil.
8) Bring the heat down to medium and cook the mixture, stirring constantly, till it is thick and bubbly.
9) Take the mixture off the heat.
10) Add the pimiento, parsley, mustard and lemon juice.
11) All over the vegetables pour the pimiento and toss gently to mix.
12) Put the mixture on a decorative serving platter and serve right away. Can be served as an appetizer, main course dish or even a side dish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 442 Calories from Fat 17
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.2%
Saturated Fat 0.36 g1.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 712.1 mg29.7%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.7%
Dietary Fiber 32.7 g130.8%
Sugars 37.4 g
Protein 20 g39.2%
Vitamin A 1319.9% Vitamin C 694.3%
Calcium 35.5% Iron 57.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet