|Cold milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Remove the sorrel stems and wash and dry the leaves.
2) In a saucepan, add in the sorrel.
3) Place lid and cook on gentle heat till the leaves wilt.
4) Add the butter and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
5) In a bowl, add egg yolk and milk and beat well.
6) Stir in some of the hot sorrel broth into the egg mixture and then add in to the remaining sorrel.
7) Stirring continuously, place over gentle heat, and cook till thick.
8) Add salt and pepper.
9) Serve with boiled eggs, sausage, or ham.